Graphic designing is a crucial aspect of modern-day businesses and communication. In Pakistan, it is essential to have the best laptop for graphic design that can handle heavy-duty software. As you know that “Adobe Photoshop”, “Adobe Illustrator”, “Lunacy”, and “CorelDRAW” requires laptops with high performance.
Whether you are a freelancer or work in an organization, having the right tools to execute your creative ideas can make a significant difference in your productivity and success. If you are in Pakistan and looking for the best laptop for graphic design, then this guide will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Laptop for Graphic Design
Before we jump into the list of the best laptops for graphic design in Pakistan, it’s essential to understand the factors that determine the suitability of a laptop for this purpose.
- Processor: The processor is the brain of your laptop, and it determines how fast and efficient your computer will be. For graphic design, it’s recommended to have at least an Intel Core i7 or higher processor.
- RAM: Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your laptop to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensures smooth performance while using memory-intensive applications. At least 16GB of RAM is recommended for graphic design purposes.
- Display: The display is an essential factor when selecting a laptop for graphic design. It should have a high resolution and color accuracy to ensure that the designs you create look as intended. A minimum of Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution is recommended, but you can also opt for 4K displays.
- Graphics Card: A dedicated graphics card can significantly improve your laptop’s performance while running graphic design software. A new generation of NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon graphics cards is ideal for graphic designing.
Top Laptops for Graphic Design in Pakistan
Here are some of the best laptops for graphic design currently available in Pakistan:
Dell XPS 15 Best Laptops for Graphic Designers in Pakistan
The Dell XPS 15 is a popular laptop among designers and creatives, thanks to its powerful performance and stunning display. It comes with a 12th generation Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3050 graphics card, and a 15.6-inch 4K UHD+ touchscreen display. The laptop’s slim design and long battery life make it perfect for on-the-go work.
|SPECIFICATIONS||CPU: 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H Multi Core Alder Lake Processor (24 MB Cache), 2.3 GHz Turbo Boost up to 4.7 GHz (14 Cores, 20 Threads) |
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 4GB GDDR6
RAM: 16 GB
Screen: 15.6″, 3.5K 3456 x 2160, 60Hz, OLED, Touch, Anti-Reflect, 400 nit, InfinityEdge Storage: 512 GB, M.2, PCIe NVMe, SSD
|Price Range:||PKR 295,000 – PKR 529,999|
HP Spectre x360
The HP Spectre x360 is another excellent laptop for graphic design, with a sleek and lightweight design that makes it easy to carry around. It features an 11th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce MX450 graphics, and a 15.6-inch Full HD touchscreen display. The laptop also comes with a stylus pen for precise drawing and designing. HP is also one of the best laptop companies in Pakistan.
|SPECIFICATIONS||CPU: 13th Gen Core i7 1355u Raptor Lake Processor (12 MB Intel Smart Cache)|
Graphics: Intel® Iris® Xᵉ Graphics Integrated
RAM: 16 GB onboard LPDDR4X SD RAM (DDR5)
Screen: 13.5″ WUXGA+ IPS LED Convertible Touchscreen Display with Low Power (400nits) – Anti Reflection
Storage: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
|Price Range:||PKR 360,000 – PKR 379,999.00|
Asus ZenBook Pro Duo
The Asus ZenBook Pro Duo is a unique laptop designed for multitasking and productivity, making it ideal for graphic designers. It features a secondary ScreenPad Plus display that can be used for tasks such as editing, designing, and drawing. The laptop has an Intel Core i9 processor, 32GB RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 graphics, which is a high-end graphics card that can handle demanding graphic design applications and even gaming. and a 15.6-inch 4K OLED touchscreen display.
|SPECIFICATIONS||CPU: 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H HexaCore Processor (6 Cores, 12 Threads)|
Graphics: 6-GB NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 GDDR6 VRAM
RAM: 16 GB
Screen: 15.6” OLED 4K Touchscreen 5mm-thin bezel with 89% screen-to-body ratio 178° wide-view technology 100% DCI-P3 (ScreenPad Plus 14” 4K (3840 x 1100) touch display 178˚ wide-view technology)
Storage: 1 TeraByte PCIe® Gen3 x2
|Price Range:||PKR 380,000 – PKR 395,000|
Apple MacBook Pro
The Apple MacBook Pro is a classic choice for designers and creatives, thanks to its sleek design and high-performance capabilities. It comes with the latest M1 chip and up to 16GB RAM, making it incredibly fast and efficient. The laptop features a Retina display with True Tone technology that provides excellent color accuracy and brightness.
|SPECIFICATIONS||CPU: M2 Pro/M2 Max, both 12-core CPU|
Graphics: M2 Pro, 19-core GPU / M2 Max, 38-core GPU
RAM: M2 Pro, 16GB/32GB / M2 Max, 64GB, 96G
Screen: 16.2-inch Liquid Retina XDR display
Storage: 512GB to 8TB SSD
|Price Range:||PKR 980,000 – PKR 1,020,000|
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is a business-oriented laptop that’s also great for graphic design. It features an 11th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, and a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX450 graphics card. The laptop has a 14-inch Full HD display with Dolby Vision technology, providing outstanding color accuracy and contrast.
|SPECIFICATIONS||CPU: i7 10510U |
Graphics: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon typically utilizes integrated Intel graphics, although some models may also offer a discrete graphics card option.
RAM: 8GB some models may offer up to 32GB of RAM.
Screen: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon features a 14-inch display with a resolution of either 1920×1080 pixels or 2560×1440 pixels (WQHD). Storage: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon typically comes with a solid-state drive (SSD) for storage, with options ranging from 256GB to 2TB.
|Price Range:||PKR 213,999- PKR 350,000|
Can I Choose a Used Laptop for Graphic Designing?
Yes, It is possible to find a used laptop that can handle graphic design tasks, but there are some things you need to check before buying it. Here are some tips on what to look for when buying a used laptop for graphic design:
- Processor: You can check the processor by going to “System Information” on a Windows computer or “About This Mac” on a Mac. Look for the processor type and speed.
- RAM: Go to “System Information” or “Activity Monitor” on a Mac to see the amount of installed RAM. On a Windows computer, go to “Task Manager” and click on the “Performance” tab to view the memory usage and installed RAM.
- Graphics card: Check the graphics card by going to “Device Manager” on a Windows computer or “System Information” on a Mac. Look for the graphics card model and make sure it is a dedicated graphics card.
- Keyboard: Check the keyboard for any missing or stuck keys, and ensure that all keys are working properly. Press down on each key, type some sentences, and make sure that everything registers correctly.
- Display: Check the display by looking at the laptop screen and inspecting it for any dead pixels, scratches, or discoloration. You can also run a color calibration test to check for color accuracy.
- Condition: Inspect the laptop thoroughly for any physical damage or wear and tear. Test all ports, buttons, and keys to ensure they are working properly. Run diagnostic software such as PC Doctor or Apple Hardware Test to check for any hardware issues.
- Age: Look up the model and year of the laptop online and compare it to current models to determine how old it is.
- Warranty: Ask the seller if there is any warranty or return policy in place, so you can test the laptop before committing to the purchase.
Suggested online Checking tools to use before buying a laptop in Pakistan.
- CPU-Z (https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html): This is a free tool that provides detailed information about your computer’s processor, including clock speed, core count, and temperature. It also shows information about the motherboard, RAM, and graphics card.
- Novabench (https://novabench.com/): This tool is available for both Windows and Mac and provides an in-depth analysis of your computer’s hardware performance. It tests your CPU, GPU, RAM, and hard drive speeds, as well as provides an overall score based on your computer’s performance.
- Keyboard Tester (https://keyboardtester.co/): This website offers a free tool to test the functionality of your keyboard. The tool displays all the keys on your keyboard, and when you press each key, it will show up on the screen.
If you’re unsure about any of these components, you can also bring a technical expert with you to help you evaluate the laptop.
In conclusion, choosing the right laptop for graphic design can make all the difference in your productivity and creativity. When selecting a laptop, consider factors such as processor, RAM, display, and graphics card.
The Dell XPS 15, HP Spectre x360, Asus ZenBook Pro Duo, Apple MacBook Pro, and Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon are all excellent laptops for graphic design available in Pakistan. With this guide, you can make an informed decision and select the best laptop to meet your creative needs.
If you have any questions or suggestions in mind please comment below.